06 March 2012

Ahh...married people

3/6/12 - Day Eighty One


Music: Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed - Now that I found you.

Really pretty song.  I like the vocals the most.  There is a very romantic feel to it with the knowledge they are married in real life.

Realization: I work hard for me.

Some work for the appreciation of others.  While this is a bonus to be sure.  I can't leave a job I know I agreed to do half assed. The feeling that I did a good job is the most important part, for me. 

Inspiration: Creative Writing Day 1

Over the next three days I will be posting my three creative writing assignments this term.  I am very proud of them but would love to hear your thoughts.


Still Moments
by Jennie Libby

The first morning thought
beauty created in warm covers
The pinging sound
sideways rain on windows

The mood
a good book; peaceful
The smell
a caramel rich espresso

The person
relief at working day’s end
The time
colors to start and end a day
 
The feeling
a hug that lasts and lasts
The song
that resonates a feeling

The sleepless night
when truths are revealed
The red light
reminiscing about the past

The empty dinner table
good flavor realized
The handheld mirror
reflect in reflections

The bubble bath
the popping sound of bubbles as the stress vanishes
The employment break
evil laced in happiness and cancerous smoke

The movie theater
fantasy come to life
The fishing boat
when waiting is welcomed

The long hike
listening for the smallest rustles
The still moments
may we all have more

No comments:

Post a Comment